6 Things You Can Do To Support Your Gums
We often talk about the benefits of Coenzyme Q10 for heart health. But did you know CoQ10 is just as important for gum health?
The mouth is the gateway to our health, and the link between our gums and heart has been well documented. People with heart and gum disease have lower levels of CoQ10.
CoQ10 is essential in the process that creates energy in the mitochondria, with the highest levels found in cells with high energy needs, such as in our gums, heart, brain, liver and kidneys. A deficiency with CoQ10 is often found in people with periodontal issues and studies show that boosting CoQ10 levels supports gum health and decreases gum disease.
Our cells need this antioxidant that our bodies produce to help fight free radicals, which is what contributes to aging and age-related diseases. But did you know CoQ10 levels in our bodies decrease as we age?
While CoQ10 is found naturally in fish, meat and nuts, the amount found in these often aren’t enough to increase CoQ10 levels in our bodies that could make up for the lowering levels as we age.
So, just as important as it is to deposit calcium into our bodies to support our bones and teethas we age, taking CoQ10 is the best way to support our gums and heart, so our cells can use it for growth and maintenance. Orasana’s Gum Support CoQ10 is emulsified, which increases its bioavailability to ensure our cells will utilize it.
6 Easy Steps to Support Your Gums Daily:
- Take one tablet of Gum support/CoQ10.
- Take one tablet of Botanical Cleanse. There are powerful, natural antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties in each tablet, comprised of herbs and spices including French tarragon, Indian Tinospora, Horsetail, Thyme, Pau D’Arco, Stinging Nettle Extract and Olive leaf.
- Take one softgel capsule of Optimum EFA Blend.Borag seed oil is added to this highly concentrated essential fatty acid blend of GLA, EPA and DHA, which has been shown to decrease gum disease.
- Use our WaterJet, which is important in keeping teeth clean 360 degrees.
- Take one minty or fruity tasting Chewable Probiotic after brushing. It’s one of the only all natural, vegan-certified oral probiotics on the market to promote or restore a healthy oral flora.
- Use our Bamboo Toothbrush. These charcoal embedded bristles help clean and purify teeth and gums, reducing plaque, build up & odor-causing bacteria. Charcoal is known to absorb discolorations in your tooth enamel. Sustainable, the Orasana® bamboo toothbrush has a 100% biodegradable bamboo handle, and this toothbrush is vegan and environmentally friendly as it contains no animal byproducts.
Bonus step 7!
You get a free food guide, which helps decrease inflammation and promote healing.